To celebrate NASA – A Human Adventure at Queensland Museum we are giving you the chance to enter the draw to win a trip to visit the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California. Prize includes return flights from Brisbane to Los Angeles, five nights accommodation and a tour of the NASA JPL facility.
All tours commonly include a multimedia presentation on JPL entitled "Journey to the Planets and Beyond," which provides an overview of the Laboratory's activities and accomplishments. Guests may also visit the von Karman Visitor Centre, the Space Flight Operations Facility, and the Spacecraft Assembly Facility.
To enter, simply visit Queensland Museum’s NASA – A Human Adventure exhibition and enter the competition draw via our iPad station outside the exhibition entry on Level 3 to win!
Competition opens 15 March 2019.
Terms & conditions
Conditions of Entry
- The online entry form and instructions on how to enter form part of the conditions of entry. By entering the competition, entrants agree to the conditions of entry.
- Queensland Museum is a campus of the Queensland Museum Network.
- The Promoter is Queensland Museum, Corner Grey and Melbourne Streets South Brisbane Qld 4101 ABN: 91 522 611 802.
- If an entrant is under the age of 18 years, the entrant must have permission to enter the competition from a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years or over.
- Entry is only open to paying visitors to the exhibition NASA – A Human Adventure. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, directors, management, related companies, and their agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- What to do: buy a ticket to visit NASA – A Human Adventure at Queensland Museum, Corner Grey and Melbourne Streets South Brisbane Qld 4101, complete an official entry form electronically and submit. Entries not on an official entry form, or not deposited within the official entry box will not be eligible.
- The competition commences at 9.30am on Friday 15 March 2019 and closes at 5.00pm on Wednesday 9 October 2019.
- One entry per paid ticket per person only will be accepted and all entries become the property of Queensland Museum.
- The Promoter reserves the right to:
a. verify the validity of entries;
b. disqualify an entrant for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with the conditions of entry;
c. accept or reject any entry in its sole discretion.
- The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random by a representative of Queensland Museum from the pool of entrants. The draw will take place at 9.30m Monday 14 October 2019 following the closure of NASA – A Human Adventure (AEST) at Queensland Museum, Corner Grey and Melbourne Streets, South Brisbane Qld 4101.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within 7 working days of the draw and their details published on the Queensland Museum website.
- There will be only one winner in this competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will receive:
a. two return economy flights from Brisbane to Los Angeles on an airline chosen by the promoter (valid until July 2020, subject to availability);
b. five nights’ accommodation in Los Angeles at a HOTEL chosen by the promoter (valid until July 2020);
c. a public tour of the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California (valid for 12 months from date of issue and subject to availability).
- The prize can be collected from Queensland Museum. Proof of identification must be presented by the prize winner to collect the prize. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the winner must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to collect the prize. Collection of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable. If the prize or any part of the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter will endeavor but is not obliged to provide a substitute prize of equivalent value.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- In the event that the winner cannot be contacted within 10 working days from initial contact, a replacement winner will be chosen by a representative of Queensland Museum and the original winner will forfeit any and all right to the prize.
- The entrant grants the Promoter the right to use their name, biographical information, likeness and statements for use in marketing, promotional and educational activities associated with the Queensland Museum NASA – A Human Adventure competition.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents, affiliates or representatives will not be liable for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for the prize or entries being damaged, late, or lost.
- The chosen airline, accommodation provider, the Promoter and any contractors, employees and agents associated with both organisations, will not be liable for claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect/inconsequential loss) as a result of, arising out of, or in any way connected with the competition and/or its prize, except for liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- Travel insurance, visa costs, passports, meals, personal spending money, applicable government taxes, levies, airport charges, freight costs, excess baggage, travel costs to and from the point of departure, compliance with any health or other government requirements, and items not explicitly mentioned in the prize description are not included.
- Each air ticket is not interlineable, refundable, upgradeable or transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
- Air tickets are valid for 3 months from date of departure.
- Air travel shall be on an AIRLINE identified by The Promoter and all prize travel on flights with the chosen airline is subject to General Conditions of Carriage (as amended, supplemented, modified or replaced from time to time).
- Travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and black-out periods may apply.
- The prize must be booked and travelled by the winner and their nominated companion on or before July 2019. Thereafter, all unutilised tickets shall be null and void.
- Winners and their travel companion must travel together on the same flights. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements by the winner or their travel companion once tickets are issued.
- Travel will be arranged by the winner contacting a nominated agent chosen by The Promoter. The winner of the prize and their travel companion must book the air tickets travel through the nominated agent no later than 8 weeks prior to the intended travel dates.
- The winner and their travel companion are responsible for obtaining (and the cost of obtaining) medical advice prior to taking the prize and obtaining any recommended vaccinations and immunisations in the manner required before travelling.
- The winner is responsible for their entry, and the entry of their travel companions, into the applicable country, including the obtaining at the winner’s expense, and holding, of any necessary passports and visas. Taking of the prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of any accommodation/transport/services/transfers or tour providers (where applicable) and in particular, health, behaviour, age and safety requirements.
- Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited. No compensation will be payable if the winner, or their travel companion, are unable to use any element of the prize as stated for whatever reason, including refusal of entry or departure into or out of the applicable country or participation in certain activities for health, behaviour or safety reasons.
- Air ticket holders are not entitled to frequent flyer mileage accrual, miles cannot be used to upgrade and other benefits consequent upon such accrual irrespective of the frequent flyer.
- The prize is based on two people sharing a twin room.
- The accommodation voucher is not exchanged either in full or part for cash. When making a reservation the bearer must indicate the payment will be by voucher and quote the certificate reference number found in the bottom right hand corner of the voucher.
- When participating in this competition, the Entrant must not be involved in any conduct or activity that might damage the reputation of the Promoter or the competition Sponsor.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these conditions of entry at any time if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The competition will be governed by the laws of Queensland.
Queensland Museum collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the competition. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the competition. Queensland Museum may share entrants’ information with persons or entities assisting in the conduct of the competition and with companies who are prize partners.
Entrants agree to be contacted by the Promoter in relation to the competition.
Entrants who agree to be contacted by the Promoter or prize partners may be contacted by email or telephone.
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 3300
SOUTH BRISBANE BC QLD 4101 Australia
Fax: 61 (0)7 3846 1918